Thursday, March 29, 2012

Can we have a Subreport inside another subreport

I need to have a subreport inside another subreport. Is it possible directly, if not through any other way. Also could anyone give/send me some tutorials on Crystal Reports, even website will be helpful.
Thanks GuysNever tried it, can't see why not. Easiest way to find out would be to give it a go...?|||I think it is possible|||Madhi,

Could you please let me know how? I am also facing the same issue.

Thanks in advace.

MR|||Madhi,

Could you please let me know how? I am also facing the same issue.

Thanks in advace.

MR

Consider you have three reports say Report1, Report2 and Report3
Suppose you want Report3 as subreport of report2 and report2 is subreport of report1

First Design Report1 and Insert report2 as Subreport, then Goto preview of Report2 and now insert report3 as subreport of report2. Save Report1

Now Report1 has the subreport report2 which has other subreport report3|||i would like explain the working as Madhi told.

first create all the three reports individually.
like Report1, Report2, Report3
Report1 (say) Your Main report.
Report2 (Say) Sub Report of Main Report.
Report3 (Say) Sub Report of Report2.

once u have created all the three reports individually you can make them sub of others.

Right Click in the PageFooter of Report1 (Main Report).
Insert new section.
now Right Click on the newly created section.
goto Insert --> SubReport.

if u have parameters the must be same linked togather.

to link sub report with main report RightClick on the subreport section in the main report.
goto Change SubReport Link...
Add the Field u want to link with (Parameter of Main Report).


You Have Gone through process of Adding SubReport.

Similarly u can add sub report of sub report. :cool: :thumb:

Silly Star





Consider you have three reports say Report1, Report2 and Report3
Suppose you want Report3 as subreport of report2 and report2 is subreport of report1

First Design Report1 and Insert report2 as Subreport, then Goto preview of Report2 and now insert report3 as subreport of report2. Save Report1

Now Report1 has the subreport report2 which has other subreport report3|||In theory, your answer sounds correct... but I can't make it work. I'm working in Crystal Reports 10 with DB2 databases. I have 3 reports that I need to join together, which I'll call the primary(A), subreport(B) and mini-subreport(C).

Before realizing I needed 3 reports (thought 2 would do), I had the subreport(B) and mini-subreport(C) joined together just fine. The fields in subreport(B) and the mini-subreport(C) are in the group footer section.

I created a new "outer shell" as the primary(A) report and inserted subreport(B) [with the embedded mini-subreport(C)] in the report header. The mini-subreport(C) disappeared. I am not able to re-insert the mini-subreport(C) into subreport(B) because all insert->subreport options are grayed out.

Can anyone tell me how to have 2 (or more) nested subreports? Do they have to be in a certain section? Is there an order in which subreports need to be added? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Gloria|||No you can't have a subreport with in a sub report. A main report may have n number of Sub reports|||No you can't have a subreport with in a sub report. A main report may have n number of Sub reports

It is possible. Did you try the method I suggested?|||It is possible? I tried what you suggested, but options are grayed out when I try to insert a subreport within a subreport. What am I missing?|||I am facing the same problem!! I am using CR-11 with ASP.NET
I have a main report (A) that has one subreport (B); the subreport has two subreports (C and D);
I cannot break this hirerchy because the first subreport (B) can appear independently from some other place.

I tried both ways i.e. If you use the edit subreport from the main report then the Insert subreport option is grayed out;
If you work on subreport then then insert it into main report (A) then also the third subreport is not being displayed.

Any solution for this!!|||I have been struggling with this problem for a few days..

Crystal's support site (the Recommended Reading by support staff (http://support.businessobjects.com/fix/tsreccr.asp) makes it very clear:

LIMITATIONS:
You cannot insert a subreport within a subreport.
You cannot link a subreport to another subreport.

HTH... If someone has a way around this I would love to know - we are reverting to HTML text strings of tables ... argh|||Would you mind sharing your HTML work-around? That sounds like it might work for us.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment