Sunday, March 25, 2012

Can we call a RS report from within another VB or VBA application?

Will I be able to launch a reporting services report from within a VB/VBA
application? How would I do this?
Thanks
Ranjit CharlesThree options:
1. URL integration. Embed a IE control into any app and set the url
appropriately. Works with VB6, VB.Net, etc.
2. Web services integration. Works with VB.Net, VB6 with soap toolkit (but
can be problematic and I suggest staying away from it).
3. VB.Net 2005 use the new report control that ships with VS 2005.
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"Ranjit Charles" <RanjitCharles@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0391CF5D-44EE-4710-BCC1-3F8CDC1CD5DD@.microsoft.com...
> Will I be able to launch a reporting services report from within a VB/VBA
> application? How would I do this?
> Thanks
> Ranjit Charlessql

No comments:

Post a Comment