Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Can we drill down to details for calculated members?

Hi, experts,

Can we drill down to details for calculated members of a cube? Or we can only drill through to details for measures residing in a specific measure group in a cube?

Hope it is clear for your help.

I am looking forward to hearing from you shortly and thanks a lot in advance.

With kind regards,

Yours sincerely,

Drilldown (navigating in a hirarchy tree) is possible through all members - even calculated once

I guess what you ask is drillthrough (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms145964.aspx) and this works only on base measures as far as I know. (SQL Server 2005)

HANNES

|||

Hi, Hannes,

Thanks a lot for your help.

Sorry for the mistyping, yes, I was asking for 'drill through' capability for calculated members.

Thanks again.

With kindest regards,

Yours sincerely,.

|||

Hello you two,

Today I searched a solution for this problem too.

And I came to the same result as you are.

Then my result is right … I hope so =)

Have a nice day

Alex

|||

Hello experts,

I’ve got an idea but I don’t know how to continue ….

I thought if you can’t make a drillthrough on a calculated member I can program one.

On the website Microsoft technet I found the code snippet:

DRILLTHROUGH [MAXROWS Unsigned_Integer] <MDX SELECT statement> [RETURN Set_of_Attributes_and_Measures [,Set_of_Attributes_and_Measures ...] ]

But where is the point to take it in?

Best regards

Alex

|||

Hi,

if your question is- with which programm could you execute an drillthrough statement?

SQL Server Management Studio - its a regular MDX Statement.

Best regards, HANNES

|||

Hello Hannes,

Thanks for the response. I know that, but I searched for a possibility to upgrade the cube through programming some parts.

Best regards, Alex

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment