Sunday, March 25, 2012

Can we ask English Query to show a Graph ?

Hi
My EQ model dispalys a normal table when you ask a question such as;
show me the amount of goods solds for last 5 years.
it shows the amount grouped in to 5 years.
It would be nice if I can show it in a graph rather than the data.
I have seen a GRAPH verb in EQ but can't find a single help on how to make
it draw a graph.
Have anybody done this?
rgds
KK
Within English Query you can use something called commands which can run a
proc, shell out and run a batch file, etc.
Depending on your programming skill you should be able to use this to
generate a graph.
IIRC - Adam Blum (Not sure if I have his name correct), who is/was the PM
(Program Manager) for English Query did a demonstration at TechEd or PDC
where he demonstrated something similar.
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a book on SQL Server replication?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
"KK" <kk@.kk.com> wrote in message
news:uGyC1RiaEHA.2408@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hi
> My EQ model dispalys a normal table when you ask a question such as;
> show me the amount of goods solds for last 5 years.
> it shows the amount grouped in to 5 years.
> It would be nice if I can show it in a graph rather than the data.
> I have seen a GRAPH verb in EQ but can't find a single help on how to make
> it draw a graph.
> Have anybody done this?
> rgds
> KK
>
|||Hi Hilary,
*Phew*
About time btw, thanks for the reply,
Well, coding is not at all a problem. I am already messing up with
the command object. can get smalll commands like sending
generated custom emails and such is possible...
however, trying to create relationship for graphs always
gives me errors (thats my bad) Do you have any idea
where I can find this guys demo ? link to a web page
where he might have information with a sample?
Amazing thing is, can't find a single help regarding this
on the web!!
I would greatly appreciate if you can send any links if u have
meanwhile, i'll dig for his name on the web
KK
"Hilary Cotter" <hilaryk@.att.net> wrote in message
news:ePN7tjnaEHA.384@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...[vbcol=seagreen]
> Within English Query you can use something called commands which can run a
> proc, shell out and run a batch file, etc.
> Depending on your programming skill you should be able to use this to
> generate a graph.
> IIRC - Adam Blum (Not sure if I have his name correct), who is/was the PM
> (Program Manager) for English Query did a demonstration at TechEd or PDC
> where he demonstrated something similar.
> --
> Hilary Cotter
> Looking for a book on SQL Server replication?
> http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
>
> "KK" <kk@.kk.com> wrote in message
> news:uGyC1RiaEHA.2408@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
make
>

No comments:

Post a Comment