Saturday, February 25, 2012

Can someone provide some insight on this?

http://www.virtualization.info/2007/02/microsoft-unlocks-sql-server-2005.html
So is this saying I can purchase one license of SQL Enterprise 2005 and run
it on as many vm installs as I want? Example, I create 5 windows 2003 servers
running on vmware and install SQL on each of them, am I'm still legal?
Agreed. We haven't even started our SQL on VMWare testing yet, so we
certainly won't be loading up a bunch of them any time soon.
""Steen Schlter Persson (DK)"" <steen@.REMOVE_THIS_asavaenget.dk> wrote in
message news:%236cU7mEXHHA.496@.TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> ChrisR wrote:
> I think you're correct. We are also running a number of our servers on
> VMWare, so I'll also keep this change in mind. How much it's worth though
> is another question, since running SQL server on VMWare isn't always the
> best choice. We have some SQL servers on VMWare and some on physical
> machines and generally the ones on physical machines runs better, so I'd
> be hesitant running to many SQL servers on the same VMWare box.
> --
> Regards
> Steen Schlter Persson
> Database Administrator / System Administrator

No comments:

Post a Comment